View Single Post
whpalmer4, thanks for this explanation. I've also thought of the implementation from a programming/database perspective and understand that it's anything but trivial. It does strike me as ironic that in the most powerful todo application it's not possible to just look at today's tasks and prioritize them, though I'm now starting to get my head around the GTD methodology which actually discourages this practice. I also wonder how I'd tackle today list prioritization from a programming standpoint, and everything I can come up with would disrupt the other views, defeating the purpose of the feature.

Thanks for the reminder about David Allen's view of task calendars. I reread that section and agreed with every one of his points... yet I'm still compelled to schedule and reschedule my tasks the old fashioned, frustrating way! It's time for me to learn and implement a proper GTD system rather than come to it and try to force it to do the very thing it's designed not to let me do. I'm starting to see the power of this software and method and trust that my time would be better spent learning and following it. There must be plenty of good reasons why OmniFocus has almost exclusively 5-star reviews despite being the biggest, most complex and expensive todo app for OS X.

I'm amazed at the responsive, friendly and helpful user community. Thanks to everyone for helping me through the beginner phase. I look forward to being able to help beginning OmniFocus users myself before too long.