View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyb64 View Post
I have to say I was shocked to see that a publlc release with advertised functionality actually needed an alpha version of the desktop app to exploit said functionality.

Simple fact - the app, as a synchable version, was not ready for release and should not have gone out as such. As a standalone, fair enough. In British consumer law I would be entitled to a refund as the product is clearly not fit for advertised purpose.
The iPhone app, in its App Store entry, describes its syncing capabilities as "syncs with OF 1.1". A quick check of their web site shows that OF 1.1 is in alpha/beta testing. No false advertising here that I can see. When I purchased, I checked the desktop version that I had, realized I would need to use the beta to try the syncing, and made my decision based on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyb64 View Post
Poor behaviour, Omni people. One thing I enjoy in the Mac world is the supportive community, but that's no excuse for foisting unfinished s/ware on us, and also no excuse for others to defend unprofessional practice.

Sorry if that seems harsh but, Omni, you do need to be aware of how some people feel about this.
They provided OF 1.1 as a beta. Beta = unfinished. The only part of the iPhone app that had issues was the syncing, which was part of the 1.1 beta.

As for labeling Omni as unprofessional, if you survey the support that the team has been giving to people in these forums, and then also look at how they have been responding to their critics (some of which have been fairly incendiary), I think it's hard not to label them as anything but VERY professional.