View Single Post
My initial reaction to the video (such as can be gained in four seconds) is a feeling of being rather underwhelmed, especially after having high expectations. My understanding of how Apple views the UI process for iPad is that applications should mirror real-world objects as much as possible. Examples of this are the Calendar, Notes and Contacts apps that come preinstalled.

Some GTD apps that follow this process are Things (which let's face it, is sadly underwhelming in the functionality department) and Appigo's ToDo. ToDo, in my opinion is absolutely beautiful and makes up in functionality what Things lacks. It does however lack some of the functionality that I like in OmniFocus, namely the ability to shift contexts easily, have sequential projects, perspectives and the ability to review items easily.

But the interface is gorgeous. It doesn't get in the way of anything.

The UI I saw in the 4-second video that you were so kind to share left me wondering what exactly it was I just saw. I saw a lot of blocky objects with empty screen real-estate. It didn't look polished at all... it reminded me of a wire frame or concept.

I'm certainly not trying to be harsh, but merely offer some constructive criticism to hopefully help you guys create an extremely polished and fantastic app for the iPad. It is well known (at least from my perspective) that OmniFocus is unparalleled in the functionality and feature department. I would be more than willing to wait a bit extra to see if you guys could match your robust functionality with a polished and attractive user interface.

Hope this helps,
Pat