View Single Post
This has actually made me switch back to Safari for my default. I like to use bookmarklets to move my windows around, etc, and my handmade javascript bookmarklets simply don't work in a window that has tabs open. They work fine in a 1 tab (i.e. no tab) window. Most of my first 10 favorites (w/ shortcuts) follow this model:
javascript:self.resizeTo(200,200);self.moveTo(0,0) ;self.resizeTo((screen.availWidth*.5),screen.avail Height);self.moveTo((screen.availWidth/2),0);
I also have a Google Bookmarks bookmarklet that creates a popup. It works with a 1 tab (i.e. no tab) window, but if there's more than 1 tab open when I invoke it, the window that should be a popup is instead made into a new tab at the end of the tabs in the window. Much more inconvenient than a popup.
javascript:(function(){var%20a=window,b=document,c =encodeURIComponent,d=a.open(%22http://www.google.com/bookmarks/mark?op=edit&output=popup&bkmk=%22+c(b.location)+% 22&title=%22+c(b.title),%22bkmk_popup%22,%22left=% 22+((a.screenX||a.screenLeft)+10)+%22,top=%22+((a. screenY||a.screenTop)+10)+%22,height=420px,width=5 50px,resizable=1,alwaysRaised=1%22);a.setTimeout(f unction(){d.focus()},300)})();
Is this something I'll have to grin and bear, or could I get these bookmarklets to work the way I want them to