View Single Post
My take is that analyticalbiochemist is proposing that a task with a start date prior to today which has a due date of today or later would show up in the list of started/starting tasks (and due tasks, if appropriate). Today is Thursday; a task that started Wednesday and is due Friday would show up in the list of started/starting tasks on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Only on the day it is due (Friday) would it show up in the count of due items for the day.

An action possessing a start date but not a due date should not be shown except on the date it starts (in other words, the current behavior), in my opinion, as it would lead to an overly cluttered display in the general case.

Quote:
But I could see the usefulness of having a reminder there of some tasks that I should have recently started. It can be easy to overlook or forget a task that I should have started the day before but didn't because I had a couple of crazy days.
I think it is also worth noting that a start date is not necessarily an assignment of when work should start — it is when work could start. You're free to treat it as the more restrictive interpretation, of course, but it isn't a universally accepted policy.