View Single Post
Good morning, Tim,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaufmann View Post

Following your argument that only Linux geeks use the space separator, why have that feature at all? Some use "--", others "-- " and there's also "**************", "_____________", no separator at all, interfering email clients etc. So either stick with the only standard we have, forget about the feature at all or come up with some fancy algorithm which properly identifies signatures. I think though that the latter would be Mail.app's job, not OF's.
Na, that wasn’t an argument, just an illustration (the Linux geek thing). ;) I work mostly with publishers and media companies, and they don’t use any sig divider at all – mostly HTML attachments as sigs or something like your ************ thingy.

I am all for complying to standards, but in this case, OF captures both correct and incorrect signature dividers, so it’s okay, I think.

Though: I personally don’t care too much for this feature in OF and would prefer to be able to turn it off. Many first-contacts I’ve had to date state something on the lines of “contact info is in the sig” and it would be quite … unwelcome for me to have the most relevant bit of information truncated by the OF clipping.

Cheers,
-Sascha

Last edited by nggalai; 2007-12-11 at 01:43 AM..