View Single Post
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for the perfect software ;), so I figure I ask here, and see how close can OO can come. This is what I want. I want to be able to gather clippings from the web, and other places, text, pictures, links, drag and drop them into pages inside the application for my research into stories. I want software that allows me to outline, that allows the outline to be visible at the same time as I see the full text, and be able to move around the outline sections at the same time that I see the text, so the editing is real-time and as quick as possible. I want to be able to do all this without touching the mouse. Once I have a strong outline. I want to be able to go in either one of two directions. An essay, so I want a full rich text editor, or a screenplay, so I want a full context editor that can switch from character to character and scene to scene in a seamless manner and without touching the mouse. I would like to keep the outline portion of the software in sync with the essay or the screenplay so I can always change my mind and re-arrange the order of either. Editable real-time index cards would be a plus. Can OO do this?
Best regards,
Steven