View Single Post
A minor adjustment I've made to my Today view that I find really useful.

As an ex-Things person, making sure you have a good Today list is important. With a minor change I feel that the Today list I have now is actually better than the Things today list.

The only change I've made to instructions in the initial post is just to untick the "Expansion" option for my Today perspective.

Then, I create my Today list as usual by reviewing tasks. However, when I come to my Today page I typically close Contexts I am not working on, and just leave the one Context I am involved in. So I have a Today list where *all* I see is my Phonecalls for example or Emails which keeps you really focussed on the tasks at hand.

Unchecking the Expansion options means if you go elsewhere in OF and come back, your Today view, it retains the same expanded/contracted Context mode, the same sub-focus so to speak.

It means as you work in your Today view you only ever focus on a small number of items (within a context which is what you should be doing in GTD), but you always have visibility of all the unexpanded Contexts you know you need to work through during the day.

Very minor change, but its made the Today view work much better for me.

Steve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-05-26 at 8.46.33 PM.png
Views:	698
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-05-26 at 8.55.28 PM.png
Views:	728
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1910