create project
hold finger to create new action
type in description - touch info to see context and move
type in context
hit move and choose where to nest
hold finger on project to create new action
type in description
choose context
choose move (info inspector stays active)
Seems to me that it's quick and intuitive and fast.

Even moving inbox items is simpler after a little practice.
Well, if there's one thing I've learnt on this forum, it's that people have a wide range of expectations and very different perceptions of speed :)

A number of the steps you list above are actually several taps or presses, as compared with just hitting Tab or Return on the Mac version. I know it seems like I'm being pissy - "oh noes, you have to tap, tap and hold, tap instead of just hitting return between each action, shame" - but every extra step adds to the inertia of adding stuff.

I'm an extreme case - ADD - for whom each extra tap is a real barrier to me actually getting round to getting the chaos out of my head. And for many, the current implementation of OF on the iPad is fine - cool, I don't want to suggest you're wrong. Live long and prosper. But heck, when I find that I'm using VNC to access the Mac version on my iPad because it's quicker and more intuitive to input stuff, something definitely is wrong, at least for me.

Facetious screenshot:

I hasten to add - VNCing into a Mac version ain't for everyone - the keyboard lag might be too much for you - but it works well for me in some situations, especially when inputting lists and processing my inbox or fleshing out projects.

Last edited by howiem; 2010-08-02 at 02:45 PM..