View Single Post
I sometimes do as MEP does with verifying next actions exist as I go. To do that I use Opt-Cmd-R to jump from the action in Context view to Project view. However, I think this is probably a non-productive habit. It means I'm switching out of "doing" mode and into system maintenance mode.

Daily I check that every project has a next action. I use a script to do that (available from my software downloads page).

In my weekly reviews I look at each project and make sure its first few actions make sense. For projects that are complex or feel "stuck" I will spend more time studying the whole project structure, envisioning the desired outcome, or reflecting on why I might be resisting progress.

I plan to study Review Dates in OF to see if I can streamline my weekly reviews. In particular, some projects move slowly and can be reviewed less frequently, say monthly or quarterly. Other projects change rapidly and require more regular and thorough reviews, e.g., weekly or even daily. So, using Review Dates I hope to integrate some project planning into my daily reviews. I hope that this will allow me to break the habit of checking for subsequent actions when in "doing" mode.

Curt