View Single Post
That is a good point. I have been thinking about OF as a universal tool for both the note taking and the action note part of the usual workflow. I think having the new larger note-entry-field makes things a lot more comfortable already. What you describe is something some note apps already have, basically recording with built-in note taking, ideally with indexing of time. I am no programmer so I can not tell whether or not that would consume a lot of ram/CPU, create large files or would promote crashs. If it can be done I think it would be value adding.

Another thing thats possibly easier to do is something I thought of last night:

If I am in a meeting and taking some notes then I usually come to the point where something is to do. I am a lawyer in the business sector so when the client tells me about his project/problem/venture I simultaneously identify what I have to do to get him the result he wants. Now I tried using OF iPad for note taking and it works well. One thing that would really improve the workflow though would be if I could add tasks from within the notes.

Example:

Client tells me: blah blah blah this venture blah our competition started something comparable blah blah blah too high cost blah blah

Filtered:

- have somebody check target market for competition and ongoing published development to prevent copyright issues

- have somebody check the target market for financial framework and possible optimizations.

I wrote those down within the notes and later manually made actions from them as children of the meeting. What would be really useful would be if I could just highlight the text in one line, get a context menu and tap "create action under current project". Then whatever was in that line goes into the title of a new child action under this action/project I am taking my notes in and I have a perfect action list when the meeting is over, plus my notes. No idea if thats a lot of work to do or not. But it would be a feature I would call really adding a serious chunk of value for business users since taking notes and creating the essential action items from those is what most people I work with do.