View Single Post
I'm sorry, but IMHO, the UI is ugly, not from a taste point-of-view but in that it looks cobbled together by half-a-dozen different people from bits-and-pieces downloaded from iconshock! It would be understandable if this was a 59p (99˘) App but at $40 a serious bit of polish wouldn't go amiss.

No, OmniFocus doesn't have to start visually imitating a filofax® although I can certainly appreciate that those who bought it as a task manager or shopping list App rather than a GTD system might be somewhat disappointed observing that much cheaper rivals look so much better because they do imitate such physical entities. It also undoubtedly makes those Apps much easier to comprehend and use for non-GTD'ers.

I've never designed a UI in my life (step in here, Policarpo!) but just looking at OF on my iPhone (apologies, my iPad isn't to hand) I think a start would certainly be some consistency across all three versions, reverse the foolish decision to box up the icons with a tonally-similar dark grey background (sadly even search has finally suffered the same fate), get rid of the radial fill in square check boxes which just makes them look grubby, etc. etc. etc.

Hell, even some consistency in the same App would be great. OK, maybe not, I don't want the perspective icons boxed up too!

The saving grace? The inbox icon on the iPhone looks like the view you get pushing an old fashioned peramulator, that at least still makes me smile! :)

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-10-24 at 07:33 AM..