View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
On the iPad, the perspectives sidebar item will only show up if you create a custom context mode perspective on the Mac. There are context mode perspectives in the default database on the Mac but those will not appear on the iPad unless a custom one is created as for the most part they're all duplicates of built-in sidebar items. So this could explain your need to create a new perspective first.
Huh? The first Perspective I mentioned was a custom Perspective. I varies from the built in Due in that I changed the Status Filter of "Due Soon" to "Remaining" so that I could have a list of all remaining tasks, not just the due soon ones. I saved this under the name "Remaining Due" and used the alarm clock icon as its icon. This showed up in the iPhone app, and I like it because it keeps my overdue tasks on the same list as tasks with due dates yet to be done. However when I synced my Mac Omnifocus with the iPad, the "Remaining Due" Perspective did not sync over, nor did I get the "Perspective >" item on the sidebar.

I knew something was wrong when a reviewer mentioned Perspectives and his screenshot had the "Perspective >" item on the sidebar. A data reset on the iPad did not help. On a whim, I decided to create a second Perspective. I randomly decided to change the Estimated Time Filter from "Any Duration" to "5 min" on my own "Remaining Due" Perspective and I saved this as "5 Min," so now I had 2 Perspectives that I had created. The next time I synced, both Perspectives showed up on the iPad.

Now, did what I just explain above satisfy your criterion that I did "create a custom context mode perspective on the Mac" to get the "perspectives sidebar item" to show up and that the second perspective should not have been necessary? Does this indicate a bug?