View Single Post
I would like to report any sort of success with Visio stencils, but I can not find much to talk about.

I used Visio 2003 on a PC to open some Extreme Networks Alpine stencils. I then created a new document and placed each individual stencil. I saved it as a Visio XML document. I moved it ot the Mac and opened it in OmniGraffle 4.1.2.

The results are that objects may show up, while others are invisible. The text is usually mangled terribly in all the stencil objects.

In the next attempt, I copied each Visio stencil object from Visio 2003 to Word 2003. I saved the Word file and moved it to the Mac. I opened it in Word X on my Mac. Most of the solid parts of the objects look fine. Smaller object details are often skewed. The text is a total loss; Word translates it to be larger and stretched out over the stencil object.

So basically, any complicated object in Visio stencils can not be moved to OmiGraffle on the Macintosh. What a shame that no one has a method to move these Visio stencils over to the Mac and OmniGraffle.

:confused: :(