View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The problem is [...]
I don't view this as a problem. There are many potential ways to build tools to work with this.

For example, the current iPad "Forecast" view currently groups due and start items for each day. There could be an additional group for tasks that have been previously started.

But the iPad Forecast view isn't really a calendar either, and does not address all of the items we are looking for. I was merely mentioning how useful the Forecast view is, even with its limited feature set, viewing both calendar appointments and tasks for the current week.

Quote:
OmniFocus [...] makes no attempt to assess the feasibility of meeting those commitments
Wanting a calendar view does not suggest that it has to assess feasibility. But it can be a more powerful tool for me to assess the feasibility if I can view start/dues tasks, tasks in progress, and calendar appointments in one view.

Quote:
If you're trying to accurately track what you will be working on in the future and when you will be doing it, I submit that OmniFocus is not really the best tool for the job, and a tool such as OmniPlan which does describe availability, schedule, etc. might be more suitable.
I don't agree.
OmniPlan is a great tool for working on long, complex projects (I have it and I use it).
But that isn't what we are looking either (not to mention the fact that OmniPlan doesn't really integrate my calendar into the view either, nor does it show me what I may have in OmniFocus, which you mention).

I still feel that it would be useful to view OmniFocus data in a calendar view, integrating my personal calendars as a layer in that view. I know that just by the fact that every day I have to keep glancing back and forth between OmniFocus and my calendar.

Calendars are also much easier to visually get a feel for schedules and time frames as opposed to a table-like view of tasks.