View Single Post
I found that I would lose things a lot in OF until I setup some Perspectives that would show me what I want when I want it.

For example, I have a perspective setup to show me planning view. When I see planning view, I want to see everything that's not complete: remaining projects. This prevents things from getting lost whenever I look in planning view. I have my special planning view perspective in the toolbar so I click that instead of clicking on the planning view button.

To select what I want to work on, I have a perspective setup to show me context view with only available tasks and to show them grouped as projects. That way I'm looking at Projects, not tasks. Tasks are unimportant; projects are what's important. I use cmd+click to select all available contexts, then I select a project to work on. After I've decided on a project to work on, I double-click it to open it in a new window in planning view. This shows shows it with all available actions. This way when I complete a task, I can continue with the project until I don't have any more tasks that I can do right then. Being in this view also lets me confirm that I do have a next action setup to be worked on in a different context.

These trusted perspectives have really made OF happen for me. Without them, I would have given up on OF a long time ago.