View Single Post
Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, you're right. The whole point of "ungrouped" in OF is that there isn't a sort/grouping at the context level. So the only sort that gets applies is to whatever tasks are in view.

FWIW, when I do -c "sort date", here's what I get:

Quote:
- @due(2013-04-29) @context(Office)
- @due(2013-04-16) @context(Computer-Offline)
- @due(2013-05-01) @context(Computer-Offline)
- @due(2013-05-13) @context(Computer-Offline)
- @context(Computer-Offline)
- @due(2013-05-17) @context(Computer-Offline)
- @due(2013-05-20) @context(Computer-Offline)
- @due(2013-05-21) @context(Computer-Offline)
- @due(2013-04-16) @context(Waiting For)
- @due(2013-04-26) @context(Waiting For)
- @context(Waiting For)
- @due(2013-05-02) @context(E-Mail Follow-Up)
- @due(2013-05-10) @context(E-Mail Follow-Up)
- @due(2013-05-18) @context(Computer-Online)
The dates are in the right order within the context, but I don't really understand why the contexts are in the order that they are in.

Anyway, the reason why I'm trying to make this work is that seems like it might be helpful to have relatively short list of the most high priority tasks on the desktop via Geektool, with a Hazel action updating it when the cache changes. I already do that with a different layout of tasks using one of RobTrew's scripts. But I'm starting to feel like it gives me too much info.

A short, flat task list seems like something that could be useful to more people than just me.

I've been using OF since it Kinkless GTD. But it's only relatively recently, when I started doing inbox zero in my e-mail, that I've come to fully appreciate the value of hiding things from view, so it's easier to focus on the few things that are left (which are presumably the things you've determined are most important right now.)