View Single Post
A bit off topic, but to respond to an earlier comment in this thread: If you read the notes, the terminology for "Filter" is going to be changed to "Arrangement," which actually makes more sense since most of the "filter" modes are actually just rearrangement modes, and the noun "arrangement" doesn't necessarily imply that everything will be visible, whereas "filter" does not at all imply that everything may still be visible.

In light of the terminology change, I think the new icon makes sense.

Regarding the new context icon: I think the direction that it is going is better than the @ symbol, which doesn't always make sense as pointed out in an example above. Considering that many of us do not use contexts in the strict GTD fashion that is largely irrelevant to heavy computer users, having a more generic arrow works for me. However, I don't much care for the implementation. I think the red dot is too "hot" for lack of a better term. There is too much visual emphasis on the icon, which is largely redundant in the shelf. In that light, I liked the @ better because it was diminished and simply became part of the title. I never really noticed it before. Now I see this bright red dot all over the place, and it makes me feel as if it should really mean something, when in most cases it doesn't mean much at all. The yellow background of the shelf is warning enough that we are not looking at projects.