View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanasius
Has any thought through how to use OF or OF+OOPro to balance Higher Altitudes? I used to manage them in separate top-level outlines in Kinkless, but now that I'm in OF, I don't want my GTD system to just become a task manager.
I had the opposite opinion when I started to use OF. In kGTD, I used to love the deferred contexts (like Reading+ or Someday+), but I found that by having it all in one place, my system was not as lean as it could be. I had many many ideas for future someday/maybe projects that weren't directly related to my current tasks. I understand the vertical mapping idea, but the two extremes were just too far apart to look at every week.

So I've been thinking about placing my highly elevated someday/maybe things somewhere else (maybe keep kGTD around just for that?) and keeping deferred tasks for current projects in OF along with my actionable tasks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
I use different OmniFocus folders for each area of responsibility, and focus on the one I want to be spending time on right now (hiding all the other folders).
I think I really need to explore folders and focusing much further to make good use of it. Someday/maybe…