View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError View Post
- I'm not earning enought to buy a new phone for about 600€ every 6 months
If you can't afford to recover from a mistaken choice, isn't that more reason to be careful about your choice before spending the money?
Quote:
and the result remains: initial question: colors can't be definid on calendars on the iphone, because apple forgot(???) to implement that functinoality.
No. The result remains that Apple has yet to provide you any convenient user interface to choose the color used for a subscribed calendar (the colors for MobileMe calendars are synced by MobileMe). I told you how you can do it with some inconvenience. No one says they forgot to do it, though not being part of the group that worked on the calendar, I can't say for sure. It may well have been judged less important than some other feature that they did deliver. Most features on the iPhone that are similar to features on the Mac have fewer options and capabilities. It is a less powerful device, with a smaller user interface, and it hasn't been around as long.

Quote:
oh and speaking of, also for iCal calendars: evenets can't be assign to a different calendar once they are created. and again, you are telling me because apple forgot (???) to implement this.

talking about basic functionality for a calendar app.
That has been added in iOS 4. If your conspiracy theory about Apple not wanting you to have that functionality is correct, why would they do so?

People who don't do software development (or any other form of product engineering) for a living sometimes don't realize that it is a series of tradeoffs and that there is rarely time, money, and manpower to do every possible feature someone might want. There are all sorts of little features I would like in OmniFocus that aren't as important to the majority of OmniFocus users. Does the fact that Omni doesn't implement all the features I want, when I want them, mean that I should be complaining about how they are taking away my choices?