View Single Post
I settled on using high level Folders for Roles which will persists. For example:
folder Homeowner with a project Chores but also a folder for Car Owner with its own projects. Similarly a folder for Worker has folders for different roles on the job. You might have:
folder Worker
subfolder Marketer
for example.

I gave up on the Person folder and broke it down into several folders such as Pet Owner, Partner, Friend, Parent, Volunteer, etc.

I found this idea on these forums a few years ago and it has worked well since. The naming convention aligns with the idea of naming projects as goals with which can be completed and using verbs such as Register Car.

I do still use lower levels folders to group projects for planning and review purposes which may or may not correspond to a role. I have a few Single Action projects scattered in the hierarchy but they mostly serve a reminder to consider if the task is really not part of something more complex. The ones that have persisted are the on-hold Someday Maybe project and a Quickies project for all the really little things I need to do under the folder/role Boat Owner. Single Action lists do serve to keep tasks from being recast as projects when just grouped in a folder but I think of them as the kitchen junk drawer and really try not to use them but sometimes you just have to throw that thing you are holding somewhere.

Last edited by pjb; 2012-08-11 at 07:43 AM..