View Single Post
I'm seeing a lot of people who don't know anything about GTD working with the OF alpha. And that's fine.

But it is a little like having a lot of people who don't drive evaluating cars. Yes, there are tons of things they can test out and judge as well as any driver (poor placement of window controls, too many cup holders) -- but there are things they shouldn't have opinions about because they can't drive. [why are both pedals operated by the right foot? would a joystick be better than a steering wheel?]

I'm not focusing on anyone here (especially the previous posters on this thread), but I've seen a lot of people question/complain about things that are addressed in the basic GTD literature. People are asking for built-in calendars, priority indicators and the like -- and these are not part of the GTD project list concept.

OmniFocus was designed to be a GTD Next Action manager. It was never intended to be a "do everything" personal life manager. It is a second generation product, Kinkless GTD was first generation. If you've never looked at KGTD, wander over to Kinkless.com and take a look. Ethan isn't working on this any more, but I think the old forums are still around.

Again, I'm not trying to single out anyone, just remark about a general attitude I've seen here.

--Liz