View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by webalstrom View Post
This Automator review workflow sounds intriguing. Would you be willing to share it or perhaps tell us some of the various elements you've used to create it?
Right now it's very simple: a series of "Ask for confirmation" actions that instruct me to check my iCal ToDos (in case I entered something on my Palm that got synced there), check notes on my Palm, process my inbox (OF and physical), clean up my desk, review my completed actions (for a progress report), review my projects, and write a brief synopsis of the week in Journler.

My goal is to combine those actions with other actions that launch the appropriate applications or otherwise prompt me better. For instance, I use DevonThink Pro for my research notes, and I'd like to introduce an action that would open my Inbox folder in that app so I can process any new notes that didn't get taken care of earlier.

For the moment, though, the workflow is a skeleton that simply puts up dialog boxes telling me to do all those things. I had meant to work on it more this weekend, but somehow my coreservicesd got corrupted and I had to spend 3 hours archiving and installing Leopard instead... :-(