Thread: "now" shortcut?
View Single Post
Okay, I see what you are doing. Probably the easiest thing to do is grit your teeth and spin the time dials. When I work on long tasks without completion, I either update the start date to the next day when I decide I've done enough work on it for now, or in the case of something where I need a marker of my progress, I'll create a new child action under the original describing where to resume, and put the appropriate start date on that. I only do the latter approach where I need the marker, because it is clearly more effort than bumping the start date.

Another approach is to use a perspective that groups by start date. Refer to that to look for work that has been started but not yet completed. You could have the sort inside the groupings be by due date, context, project or maybe date changed, depending on what makes most sense for your needs. Grouping on the iOS apps works a bit differently than on the Mac; when grouping by date, the groups always cover only one day, unlike on the Mac where the groups get larger as you move away from the present into past or future.