View Single Post
This is off the top of my head so bear with me...

First of all, I have to give props to the OmniGroup for what they have done with OmniFocus. I use the Mac client and iPhone client using the MobileMe iDisk as a syncing point. I've had it working flawlessly for the most part since OF for the iPhone was released. So what OmniGroup has right now is awesome and I love it.

Problem Statement: I, like others on this forum, use the Mac OS at home and a Windows OS at work. I use OF for all of my tasks (work included) so that all my tasks are in one place. Yes, I could use Outlook as a task manager at work, but it requires a separate place for work tasks and I've tried this and inevitably the Outlook tasks become stale from lack of use. Also, my workplace blocks a lot of websites and services so MobileMe won't sync with my Outlook (I wouldn't want this anyway as then my personal data would be on a work machine).

Proposed Solution: Since I'm already using MobileMe's iDisk and I'm assuming a nice collection of users are as well, what if MobileMe's services could be used to provide a web client for OF? I am able to access MobileMe from work (except for iDisk, which work blocks the URL). Would it be possible for a webpage to run from the MobileMe web hosting portion that had access to the OF file on iDisk?

I'm not a web developer or programmer so how this could be accomplished is beyond me. It just seems feasible for a webpage to be hosted on my MobileMe account that can access (via a secure method) my OF file on iDisk.

Security would be a concern here since a webpage would be accessing the OF database, but maybe it could work...

Thoughts?

I've heard Omni has something in the works as a proposed solution my problem. Looking forward to see what's coming down the pipe.