View Single Post
OH MY GOSH.

Wow. Ughhhhhh..

I realized when I bought OF for my Mac that you guys really don't get aesthetics, but the program works well... whereas the current version of Things falls short due to data being stored in an XML file... yet aesthetically, it's quite pleasing to the eye.

Seriously guys. The design is VERRRRRY poor. As many have said, it is blocky. It's not neat and clean. It looks cluttered and confusing. I'm DYING to get this app on my iPad but looking at the current version is making me very skeptical and ready to move to a different app. The whole idea of GTD is centered in the concept of organized/clean. This preview is cluttered, confusing and just plain ugly.

Look at the attachment? The mock some other guy did in another thread. This is BEAUTIFUL. Organized. Clean. Not cluttered. It ties into the iphone/ipad theme.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease take this aesthetic and incorporate it. I want to believe in you guys - but you need some serious help on the design side.

Agh. I'm sure this is discouraging as I'm sure you've put a lot of work into this. But please hear this.

WE WANT YOU TO SUCCEED!!! I'm HAPPY to pay you money for OF on the iPad. But it's GOT to have a total revamp on the design side.

For what it's worth. I'm a designer. Let me know if you would like more personal feedback.... or gosh, even assistance in the design. But I think the attached image does it GREAT justice. If the iPad version looked like that - I'd buy 5 copies! If it looks like it currently does in the preview, I'll sadly be going with another todo.

SinCERELY,
Josh - joshperk AT mac DOT com