View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
No thanks.

I don't see why people need so many damn tabs open. I can usually get everything done with 4 or 5. The rest is for bookmarks.
Eh, for me it depends. I would spend a lot more time navigating if I was limited to 4 or 5 tabs. I keep that many windows open generally. (Windows are for separating tasks, a lot of my work is researching things on the web).

So, I keep one window for general non-work things, reading forums here, there wherever. Sometimes there are several tabs open for a specific site for various threads or subforums I want to keep an eye on. When I google, the original search result page is a tab, then I open tabs for the various interesting results that I find. I abuse tabs fully. As I type this, I probably have 50 or so open.

I keep another window for documents on a certain thing I'm doing at the moment (generally specifications).

With that said, I'm not so much in favour of this idea. Anywhere I would utilize the hierarchy like that, I'd be more likely to open up another window for it.