View Single Post
I haven't ponied up the money yet. I use Omnifocus on my Mac and iPhone and the iPad with the iPhone app. But the problem is the price.

In the cloud sync is the killer function of Omnifocus but it forces me to have a Webdav server or Mobile Me. No support for DropBox or SugarSync is available, at least none that I have found on the iPhone side. So last year when I made the switch to Omnifocus, I spent $79 for the Mac version, $20 for the iPhone version, and $99 for a year of MobileMe (and I pretty much only use Mobile Me for Omnifocus). $200 total to manage my tasks on two different platforms.

So now the iPad client comes out and it is $40??? Come on, I know you guys have to eat, but it couldn't be a little cheaper. I love the product, but I can get ToDo for the iPad right now for $5, and it is georgeous. I know it doesn't sync, but I pretty much always have my iPad with me, so maybe I stop using the desktop version.

People who have tested, is it worth it for me to spend $40 for yet another different version of the same program, or should I just continue to use the iPhone version? Does it look like the iPad version is worth $40? By the reviews here, it looks like people aren't in love with the interface.