View Single Post
Thanks for the ideas, but let me be a little more specific about what I'm trying to do. Finder has a toolbar where you can drag applications to be executed as plugins. I have projects organized in folders where the convention is that the name of the folder is the name of the project. I have various key files inside the project folder that also use that name. For example, for a project Foobar, I have a folder Foobar, and inside that folder I have Foobar.scriv, Foobar.graffle, and Foobar.xcodeproj (just to use some random examples). I also have an OmniFocus project called Foobar. What I'm doing is making a Finder toolbar plugin such that when I enter the folder Foobar in Finder and click on the plugin in the toolbar, it automagically opens all of the key elements of the project in their default applications (Scrivener, Omnigraffle, and XCode in this case), and also opens the corresponding OmniFocus project, if any, by itself in a window. I actually have this working, but at the moment, I'm using a crude shell script to extract the id of the project whose name is the same as the frontmost Finder folder from the XML file, and then using "open omnifocus:///task/<theID>" to get the project window. I'd rather use something less kludgy and more robust for this.

I don't want to have to go through the step of manually saving the omnifocus link somewhere every project folder, I want to use my simple naming convention instead. However, the example scripts using the "complete" function won't work properly, because I might well have other projects called "Foo" and "Foobar Reloaded".

Cheers,
Greg