View Single Post
I'm curious if others have long load times (15-20 seconds) when loading OmniFocus on Lion? I've struggled with this for months now, even sent a report to the ninjas, but they responded at the time they haven't seen any reports on this. I have tried pruning my database, archiving old entries, rebuilding the database, yet nothing has helped. I'll get a long delay at launch, the app beach balls, and then everything is fine. I can quit the app, restart it a few minutes later, and the load time is nearly instant. However, if I wait an hour or so, the long load time is back.

I got so fed up with this that I decided yesterday to wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall Lion. I did not restore anything on the drive from Time Machine-just a clean install of Lion and OmniFocus, and the default (new) OmniFocus database. I saw the same behavior with this stripped-down configuration and no sync set up, so I'm confident that there is nothing about my database or sync connection that is causing the problem. My hardware is a 2011 2.2 GHz 15" MBP, 8GB RAM, 7200 RPM HDD.

Any ideas what I might try, or is this what everyone is seeing?