View Single Post
Those users clearly more anxious about the release aren't necessarily impatient jerks with no sense of the big picture. They may just have a much greater need for this solution than all you cool cats.

To my dear fellow users out there slinging around the old "well, OF _does_ work on the iPad" retort: I'll assume our definitions of "work" differ.

Using OF on iPad, for my workflow, is akin to placing an order for a backhoe and having someone drop off a 20ft long spoon at the job site. Technically, I suppose it works, but come on.

I already hear your response :-) "But all your whining doesn't deliver product faster."

If there was a users-only Omni webcam, where we could see "top men working (mostly) round the clock," there would be far less complaining. Since there's NOT, those of us who may need this SW more urgently need to make sure that the O-Group is aware of that need.

OF runs well on my iMac, SLOW on my MacBook Air, fair on my 3GS. Having a non-pix-doubled iPad version (no dude - I can't jailbreak) is a big deal, REGARDLESS of some of y'all's problems with icons looking weak, etc. Fix that stuff in a rev.

I wonder how many of us would put down, say, $300 right now to guarantee a release a week from now? I would.

Finish strong, Ken and Co. - we're all pulling for you!