View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Here's the relevant section of OmniFocus' documentation. If you've read that and still have questions, please ask.

Synchronizing with iCal
An excellent way to liberate your data from OmniFocus and communicate with lots of other applications and devices is to synchronize with iCal. Once your data is in iCal, you can share it in the iCalendar format understood by scads of calendar and to-do applications.
To synchronize OmniFocus with iCal:
Choose OmniFocus ▸ Preferences, then click the Sync icon.
Select the Unsynchronized group in the Calendar list; all of the contexts you're not synchronizing appear in the Contexts list.
Drag context names into the calendar name you'd like to synchronize them with. For instance, if you drag your "errands" context to your "Home" calendar, any actions assigned to your errands context will get corresponding to-do items in your Home calendar in iCal.
From the File menu choose Synchronize with iCal. For each context that you dragged into a calendar, its actions are synchronized to iCal.
Whenever you like, choose Synchronize with iCal to bring iCal and OmniFocus back in sync. New OmniFocus actions in synchronized contexts are copied to the associated calendars in iCal. New iCal to-dos in synchronized calendars are copied to the OmniFocus inbox. Changes to actions on either side are applied to the corresponding items on the other side.

In the Sync preferences, you can change just how the synchronization process works:
Add blocked actions to calendars — if this is selected, even actions that aren't available (because another action needs to be completed first, for instance) are copied to iCal.
Add completed actions to calendars — if this is selected, even actions that you have already marked complete are copied to iCal.
If actions are deleted from calendars, delete them from OmniFocus — If you want to delete actions in iCal and have them be deleted from OmniFocus too, select this checkbox. Otherwise, you can be sure that synchronizing will never delete any of your actions in OmniFocus.
Include each action's context in its calendar item title — This prepends your action titles with the assigned context name, like @Office: alphabetize paperweights.
I may have responded to the wrong person, sorry if this is a duplicate. So..let's say that I have a series of 5 action steps and want to put them in Thursday from 9-11 am. Or I want to do one step every day at 9:15 am. I don't see how the explaination helps me understand if I can do this or how I would do it. Fondly - Steve