View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaro View Post
The very concept of sub-projects seems to have been simply neglected in OmniFocus 1.0. Maybe 1.5 or 2.0 will be better.
Neglected, perhaps, or deemed unnecessary. Either way, that's what I've been trying to say: there currently is no concept of a sub-project in OmniFocus, and trying to make folders or action groups behave like sub-projects is likely to fail because they're simply not sub-projects.

But again, I'd like to clarify that I'm not proposing you use folders as "super-projects" either. Instead, I'm suggesting they're an excellent tool for grouping related projects, like a collection of home movies that you're planning to produce. In many cases, I think folders largely mitigate the need for sub-projects if you break your projects up into clearly-defined, individual units.

But, as I mentioned in my previous post, if you aren't interested in trying this approach, my advice would be to log a feature request with Omni Group. That's the best way to get official support for sub-projects in a future release.