View Single Post
Hi, I am, with some desperation, trying to follow the instructions for how to set up styles than can be applied throughout a document. The upright green text is from the 'OMNIPLAN Help'. I have to admit to being a 'newbie' I used Omniplan 1 once and have just upgraded to 2.

Named Styles: Creating your own reusable styles
You can make up your own styles and reuse them throughout the document.

Great, I would sort of expect so.
How to set up named styles
Click the plus button at the bottom of the styles list to create a new named style.

Yes, this works, assuming that the 'Style list' is the one in "Project, Styles", I have generated four styles, just simple colour attributes.
Then, while you have the named style selected, use the controls on the right side of the inspector to change its attributes.
Yes, this works too.

Once the style is set up how you want it, apply it to an item in the main window by either dragging it and dropping it on the item,

which part of the ''Main window' onto the item? onto the task bar? onto the task name? Seems to do absolutely nothing dropping onto task bar in Gantt chart, or onto task name.

or by selecting the item and then pressing the appropriate function key.
No, does not work either, the function key assignments are shown F1, F2 etc - but all seem to be greyed out - no idea why? Should they be un-greyed / black to work? If so how do I get them to be black?
You can keep applying the named style to items, and any further changes you make to the named style will get applied to every item that has it applied.
That would be lovely. Like styles work in inDesign, Pages, Dreamweaver etc, but just cannot get this to function on Omniplan

Also, is there any way to extend the Project: Styles window? The only one of the windows that seems to be extendable is the one with the least information in it - the style attributes one, all others seem to be fixed height, so Project:Styles panel allows for one user assigned style before you have to start scrolling to see through the 'letterbox' to find the style you want.

Thanks for any assistance on this.

Stephen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omniplan_01.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	2075