View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinHeat View Post
I understand that developing apps into other platforms must be expensive, however isn't that the reason we paid premium price for this software product in the first place?
Nope! We paid premium price for the software for the excellent support and ongoing development of the software for the platform on which we bought it. If I'm only using Apple gear, why would I want to finance development of Android, Windows, Linux, etc. versions? I want them to stick to what they do best! If supporting the current customers means building a web-based version, that presumably covers a wider variety of platforms for less cost. It's already a chore for them to keep the three different versions of OmniFocus coordinated.

You wouldn't buy an Android app hoping that the developer would get the message to support the Mac, would you?

One might even make the argument that the closed nature of the Apple ecosystem is a fundamental factor behind it being the most compelling technology. Omni isn't interested in building closed systems, don't misunderstand me, but the walled garden makes for a more pleasant place for them to do their work.