View Single Post
This is a funny bug that has troubled me since the beginning. Because it is relatively minor I haven't brought it up here before now.

I sync OF to two computers (Mac Pro and MacBook Pro) and an iPhone using iDisk. For the most part it all works fine. However, I have noticed one problem. When I am not travelling I tend to do most of my work on the desktop, thus most of the OmniFocus work is done on that one computer. A couple of times a week I open the MBP, partly to ensure that OF is kept up-to-date. Everything syncs fine, apart from Project completion state: the actions in a project are all ticked off but the project itself is still marked as active. I've only ever noticed this with projects that have due dates set, so often by the time I look at the MBP the projects are overdue (even though they might in reality have been completed days earlier).

Has anyone else noticed this? At first I thought that it was just a bit of a kink in the pipework but it has been happening so consistently since I started using the OF 1.1 sneaky peaks, and has continued in spite of various database re-builds and fresh syncs etc., that I've come to realize that the problem seems to be here to stay.

The iPhone correctly syncs the 'completed' state for a Project, albeit very S-L-O-W-L-Y. Yes, it got better with whichever new version it was some months ago but it still syncs so much slower than the desktop version of the application, even when the phone is connected to Wi-Fi.