View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb32 View Post
Hi, I am new to the forum and after a few false starts want to give OF a chance to work for me. I am not totally sold on GTD method so want to use OF a bit like OO with outlining and tasks with duedates/reminders (which works well), but I cannot see an obvious way to mark off an action with some sort of status like 'in progress' or 'abandon till I get time ro something like that'.

Is this something that can be done or is it totally opposed to the GTD philosophy and is not a feature, so that I just see all actions I have outstanding and then have to either mark complete or drop/stall/hold it?

Flagging is not what I want as I use this for priority actions I want to see.

Thanks in advance. I really want to get this to work for me as I use the iphone version too and the apps are very professionally finished.

___
Mark
There are multiple ways to handle this. You can simply create several contexts to meet your need. If you want them to be out of your way until you have time to review these, then you can put the contexts on hold, etc.

So, what I do when I ready to put it off or put into another status, I just assign it to these contexts. I keep the projects intact since I want to know where it came from originally and I can access them via project view, but if you want to put them into some special projects (such as Review) then, you can do that too.

OF is flexible enough to let you design the work flow as you want it to be.