View Single Post
whpalmer, I am unsure what purpose is served by arguing with my comment. The fact that you can reasonably accommodate the deficiencies in OF's repeating actions, doesn't address whether or not I can, in my circumstance.

I think you've made it clear throughout this enormous thread that you are satisfied with the functionality and your workarounds. I — and dozens of others — are not. Don't you think it's possible that the OmniGroup wants feedback from people besides you?

That said, almost every project I work on includes multiple repeatable events based a monthly calendar. First Thursday, last Monday, first and third Wednesday, third Friday every other month, first Saturday every six months, etc.

With OF finally implementing flexible weekly repeats this past March, I feel they are clueing into this need. The OF blog itself called this addition "the extremely useful and oft-requested feature."

They noted that this feature replaces a kluge that "required a bit too much initial effort." (Which is an understatement given the available alternatives AND the problem when this "too much initial effort" is required again and again over dozens of projects.)

They conclude with:

"We’d like to add more functionality for repeating actions in the future, too."

I look forward to this! I hope it doesn't take five more years to reach this functionality. I'd love to incorporate OF into my project work.