View Single Post
I apologize in advance if this is a bonehead request...

I have a need to generate an OO file of the directory structure of any given folder or volume (including sub folders) and re-do or update it often. Everything I've found so far relies on one form or another of the underlying Unix utilities which will generate the info but not in a useable (for me) format.

The end product I want is an OO file with names that match the Finder and nested just like the actual directory structure - not as a flat list. Features that would be nice but not critical would be adding matching links for the folders, optionally including files in the listing as well as folders, a compare function that showed differences between lists and, as long as I'm wishing, including file/folder size.

This seems pretty simple and I'm sure it's doable with Applescript or even Automator but so far I haven't found a script that generates the data in a way that can be imported into OO easily. By easily I mean without anything but very minor manual editing. For a small listing the manual effort isn't a big deal but for bigger lists or for those that change often it's just not workable.

Do any of you Applescript experts out there know how to do this?

OmniGroup - I think this would be a great feature for your next version. I'm happy with 3.9 but I'd pay for an upgrade just to get this feature.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
--
MacBook Pro 5,1, 10.6.2, OO Pro 3.9.4