View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
My question (?) was:

"What is it that makes Omni's products so special that justifies the premium prices?".
(...)
I'm trying to learn why you (and other Members) appear so 'laissez faire' regarding Omni's premium pricing.
Determining whether $40 is a premium price or not is a very relative question, depending on a user's particular circumstances. It could very well be that some users consider it a "premium price" but find some functionality in OF that they can't find elsewhere, justifying the cost. It's obviously the case that many people don't consider $40 a premium price, whether it is because they are wealthy enough to spend this sum freely, or because e.g. they find it a reasonable cost for a business tool.
But this doesn't contradict my initial reaction: as far as I understand, in a free market, there is no way to directly impose one's wishes upon a company's pricing other than supply/demand. If users didn't think that the price was right, they would (or should) not buy or get a refund. What else do you expect when you say that current users appear (?) "laissez faire"? Us to besiege Omni's headquarters and take their families hostages until they reached the price point we thought was appropriate? Since the "perfect price" is different amongst different users, perhaps there should be duels between them first?