View Single Post
I've submitted this to the developer list, but I think it's important to have an open discussion rather than private solicitation for features in OF. First off, let me just congratulate the developers working hard on OF personally for putting together a fantastic GTD app. I would just like to submit a couple of my own experiences with analog GTD (Read: pen and paper) and suggest how they might find a nice home in OmniFocus.

QuickEntry, IMHO needs to be a separate application that will run nice and quietly in the background. This is central in DA's book about there being clean lines of separation between different parts of your GTD system. The Inbox shouldn't need the rest of the system to function properly, IMHO. For more than one reason, I think this is why a lot of other GTD apps fail. When I have an idea I want to hit my hotkey and type this second, not fire up an app, navigate to my inbox, click new, and then try to remember what I was thinking about. The absolute smallest number of steps between me and my inbox is crucial.

Another minor suggestion for QuickEntry is double modifier keys to bring it up. I first fell in love with QuickSilver's double-shift, then Google's double-command, and now to complete the triad, I'd love to use double-control to access OmniFocus's QuickEntry.

One last quickie idea I'd like to bring up is setting a "current" task. I would like to be able to click an action and say okay, I'm working on this task right now, and be able to refer back to it should I get distracted. I don't think I'm the only one who gets distracted on the computer and wonders "what was I doing again?"

Last edited by devn; 2007-05-24 at 01:07 PM..