View Single Post
I have been using Omnifocus for a week and truly am loving it and can see how using this program will be very beneficial for me as I am really bad at organizing and procrastinating a lot.

I have build a nice setup and it is 95% there. However there is one thing that bugs me and am trying to find a way around this.

In my perfect Today list, what I want to appear there are:

1) All Flagged items to appear in Today list (without a start date)

2) All Due (and Due Soon) items to appear on Today list

3) All available items to appear on Today list (items that have Start Day set for today or before)

On my Today perspective, I have set Availability to 'Available'. On Status section I have to put 'Due or Flagged' in order to get due and flagged items to appear on the Todaylist as well.

Now the problem is that in order to get my available items to appear on today list (items that have a start day set for today or before) I will have to flag them also. Sometimes I "schedule" my tasks and forget to flag them and they won't appear on the Today list on the scheduled day. This is slightly problematic cause sometimes I forget to flag important tasks, and I use Scheduling / Today list a lot in my methodology.

Now the solutions I can think of are, either automate somehow tasks to flag automatically on start date - or create a status section on the perspective where it would show 'Due or Flagged or UnFlagged'. Then my today list could show items that are either 1) Flagged 2) Due or 3) Have start date today or before (no need for flag).

Any ideas on whether it is possible to achieve this somehow?

Last edited by devastat; 2011-04-07 at 06:37 AM..