View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by neb View Post
Judging from the responses here, folks either seem to be evangelic about the software and willing to defend it regardless of price, glad that they were able to get the software at the upgrade discount, or in agreement that it is too expensive as a stand-alone software.
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your meaning, but I object slightly to this assessment. Using terms like "evangelic" and "willing to defend it regardless of price" suggest that enthusiastic customers who are very satisfied with the product and consider the price fair are irrational and have come to their conclusion without good reason.

It's the same stereotyping that is often applied to enthusiastic customers of Apple. They're called "Mac zealots" or referred to as the "Cult of Apple". Sometimes, no offense it intended, but it's still a derogatory label.

Isn't it possible that these enthusiastic customers are technically astute consumers who have looked closely at OmniFocus (or any Omni Group or Apple product, for that matter), compared it to the competition, thought deeply on the matter, and come to a clear conclusion supported by evidence and rational thought?

I'm sure there are plenty of zealots out there, but just because proponents are vocal in their appreciation of the product doesn't mean they're "willing to defend it regardless of price" like some kind of mindless zombies.

Also, many of those who have stated that they're "glad that they were able to get the software at the upgrade discount" have also added that they would have been willing to pay the full price if it had been necessary. And many of those discounts were gained by purchasing OmniFocus early, before it was even released, which, in many ways, is a greater vote of confidence than paying the full price after release.