View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
...I don't want to leave the original start date and keep seeing it the next few days as an available or next action and have to remind myself that I can't do that today.

So after duplicating the action I forward it and take off the repeat value, then mark the original repeating action as done (so it shows up on the same day next week) and then delete it (since it really wasn't done that day). ...
At the risk of sounding as if I am saying that you are doing this wrong (which is not what I mean) ... perhaps you are approaching your problem the wrong way. In a nutshell, it seems to me that you are playing games in OF to hide the fact that you do not want to do or cannot yet do a certain task on a certain list. Maybe instead, you should be deciding on one "action right now" list that you to reference when you really are doing actions. From that point, all other lists (perspectives, views ... whatever) exist only for reviewing projects/groups/actions/contexts ... where you purposely choose actions to move to your "action right now" list. Then, you should find a respectable way to keep your repeating actions off your "action right now" list until you really are ready to do it.

I think flagging is the most mentioned method for setting up an equivalent of an "action right now" list.

Just sharing what seems to be a tangential thought process that I had as I considered how to stop playing within OF to shift around my work loads and instead use OF to stay on top of what I am doing. Otherwise, I would imagine an AppleScript can be found or made to move tasks around as you want.

HTH

--
JJW