Thread: someday/maybe
View Single Post
For starters, there is no requirement that an OmniFocus user is necessarily using GTD, though it will be easiest and most productive if you at least adopt the notion of projects and contexts. Collecting "someday/maybe" tasks and projects in a specific folder is just one way you might approach organizing your tasks and projects. I don't happen to use it, myself; I would rather have the projects slotted into the proper place in my hierarchy even though they may not be active. On the Mac, I can easily view just the projects which are on hold, so there is less utility in collecting them all in a specific place (the iPad unfortunately doesn't support viewing only projects which are on hold, but I tend to do the reconsideration of projects on hold on the Mac, so it isn't much of an issue for me).

A different angle from which to view this is that if projects frequently move back and forth between active and on hold status, it may be less work to keep them in place and simply change the status. If a project starts life on the someday/maybe list and typically only makes one transition (either to dropped, or active) there isn't much effort wasted moving it around.