View Single Post
I'm curious to know how people are working with Someday/Maybe items on the iPhone version of OmniFocus.

I created a Project called "Someday/Maybe". As expected, the Actions within "Someday/Maybe" show up in various Contexts (if a Context has been assigned), or show up in an Actions list below the list of Contexts (if a Context has not been assigned). But I don't want these "Someday/Maybe" Actions to mix in with my active Actions.

So...

If I change the status of "Someday/Maybe" to On Hold, this solves the above issue. Now these "Someday/Maybe" Actions are not mixed in with my active Actions.

But if I want to view the contents of "Someday/Maybe" I need to go into Settings, change "In Projects" to show "All", exit Settings, enter Projects, select "Someday/Maybe" to view the contents, then when finished reverse the process by going back into Settings to change "In Projects" back to "Available".

As another solution...

I created a Context called Someday, and whenever I add an Action to "Someday/Maybe" I just need to remember to assign the Someday Context to that action (which seems a bit redundant).

Is this the way others are handling Someday/Maybe items?

Obviously, this is much easier with Perspectives when I'm working with the desktop version. So perhaps that would be the solution if Perspectives come to the iPhone version?

The one feature I like about the design of the Things iPhone application, is that the Someday/Maybe container is always present on the main page, but anything placed into it does not show up with active Actions.

Curious...

Last edited by gerry; 2009-07-22 at 11:20 AM..