View Single Post
I want resumable downloads that work! :( I've been downloading a file, accidentally quit the app, then started the app again. The 'Downloads' window shows the file, but clicking on 'Resume' does not actually resume... it merely starts the download from the beginning. I'm pretty sure that resumable downloads should work after quit - thought I had seen other browsers do this?

Most annoying if had been downloading a large file. This is pretty easy situation to find yourself in, as I can't see any option to warn on quit (when a download is in progress).

If this is possible to implement, I highly suggest the omniweb team do so. I'm disappointed this wasn't done for the 5.5 release, as suggestion about at least implementing the 'warn on quit' feature were around before the release I believe.

I've been using Omniweb for quite some time and this is without doubt the number 1 feature that needs to be implemented IMHO. I'm amazed that something so obvious has gone unfixed for so long. Please Omniweb team... fix this annoyance.

There's an existing thread that touches somewhat on this topic... and suggestions here make some sense. Sorry if this regarded as a repost.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...eferrerid=2661

If other users feel the same way I do... please post to this thread with your opinions.

I particularly look forward to Omni's reply to this post. :)