View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipjoyce View Post
GTD practice is to collect everything in one in-box, i.e., the Omnifocus in-box in this case. The second phase is to process, and some of those items go to a someday-maybe context. To keep those items outside of Omnifocus does not make sense.

What would not feel like a workaround is to have a designated someday-maybe "area" that is separate, but that does not reveal next actions in context views, because they do not have next actions yet.
As already said, each to his own. But there's nothing in GTD that says you have to keep everything in one application.

I'm using omnifocus as an Inbox for all projects. If I process something and know it's not on my current radar and I'm not ready to tackle it (someday/maybe) I have a second application I put it in. The point is to have a trusted system. As long as I know where my someday/maybe projects are, and where to go to review them, it's not going against GTD.

For me, as someone also already said, it's actually better. It feels better organized for me. I can find someday projects faster and easier than if they were mixed in with my active projects.

If you don't like any of the workarounds you can try Things which has a dedicated Someday section.