View Single Post
Q.Where are my actions when I sync to iCal?
A.You actions will appear as To Dos in iCal. These can be shown via the menu View > Show To Do List.

Q.How do I see my currently selected action in the other view?
A.If you'd like, you can add a button to your toolbar that will do what you're looking for here. To add it, do the following:

Open OmniFocus.
Hold down the control key and click on OmniFocus's toolbar.
In the context menu that appears, select "Customize Toolbar".
A new sheet will slide out. The sheet contains various buttons you can add to your toolbar by dragging. (Similarly, you can remove buttons from your toolbar by dragging them off.) Drag the "Switch" button to your toolbar, then click the "Done" button.

Go ahead and select an action, then press the "Switch" button - you'll be taken to the opposite view, with the same action you had selected selected in the new view.

If you're in Planning (Project) View this will take you to Context View, and vice versa.

Q.What are Pending Projects?
A.Projects which haven't yet reached their start date have been moved from the "Active" project list to the "Pending" list. (That way you don't have to see things which haven't yet reached their start date.) So nothing should be missing, they've just moved.Sorry for the confusion this caused: before synching with iCal, you need to head over to the "Sync" preferences pane and tell OmniFocus which contexts you'd like to map over to which iCal calendar.

Q.How do I group and sort Project and Actions by due date?
A.Projects can be grouped and sorted in Planning Mode by showing the view bar and selecting "Group Projects by Due Date" and/or "Sort Projects by Due Date". The projects will be grouped and sorted by an implicit due date. The implicit date is equal to the earliest due date of any action in the project (or the project itself if it is the earliest).

Actions can be grouped and sorting in the same manner in Context Mode, where order is not as relevant. They will also use an implicit due date so that nothing in the overall project is lost or falls behind.

Last edited by kaebot; 2008-04-10 at 02:04 PM..