View Single Post
Something else that may help the folks using WebDav as their sync system...

I personally use my MobileMe account for syncing, but my friend also purchased OF and iOF, and planned to use WebDav. He got WebDav up and running on his iMac at home, and even synced a few iCals for the family. Perfecto.

...or so he thought. When he went to the store, he thought of something he'd like to do at home, and added it to iOF. When he got home, it wasn't there. After fiddling, he got it to sync, but once again, if he added something away from home, it didn't sync at all well.

He finally called me in frustration, and I pointed out to him that his ISP (the same one I use) blocks port 80 by default, as well as 8080, so he unless he played with his ports, he wouldn't be able to sync when he was not connected to his home router.

After a bit of walking him through it, he finally got his web port to appear on 8090, and started syncing fine using a dynamic DNS provider.

Point being here, sometimes syncing won't be because of the software, but the network you're using. Obviously that won't help everyone, but the software does seem to run pretty good for most people who aren't using a weirder network setup.

Just a thought.